Idera Online Backup
Idera Online Backup is an automated self-managed service for customers to backup data on their servelets and/or dedicated servers hosted in SimplerCloud, to an online backup storage server provided by SimplerCloud.
Upon creation of the online backup account, customers will be given username and password to access the Online Backup portal. Installation of the backup agent on the servelet, creation of “disk-safe” and setting up backup policy can be done easily through the Online Backup Portal.
- Backup of multiple servelets into one single account
- Faster backup using CDP (Continuous Data Protection) technology
- Flexibility with solutions for every size and type of servelets and dedicated servers.
- Easy and quick restoration from the Online Backup Portal
- Using advanced technology from Idera (previously known as R1Soft)
- Support different type of OSes: Linux and Windows
What are the differences between Idera Online Backup and Snapshot Backup?
Snapshot backups are no longer available with your SimplerCoud servelet. They refer to creating a snapshot of the disks (volumes) on your servelet, namely the root-disk and data-disk. Regardless of the usage, snapshot backup will perform a backup of the whole disk. That’s why snapshot backup can take quite a long time, depends on the size of the disk. For example, if you have a 80 GB of disk space, snapshot backup will back up the whole 80 GB volume, even though you only have 20 GB of data on the volume, for example. You cannot choose which files you want to backup. When recovery needs to be perform, we need to attach the whole volume to the servelet, for customer to access the volume and copy the backup files they want to restore. Its inefficiency also have known to make the system to be unstable in certain conditions.
Idera Online Backup is different. It uses Continuous Data Protection (CDP) technology, to back up only the data that you need to back up. The interface provides you an option to choose which files, directories, drives you want to backup. It also performs incremental backups, which is done at the block level instead of file level, greatly improves the backup speed and reduces the I/O. Recovery can also be done by customers through the interface, by selecting which files they want to recover. On top of that, Idera also uses agents to be installed on the servelets for certain backup operations, such as database backup.
- Experience: You must have an existing SimplerCloud servelet or dedicated server to use this service
- Get started in minutes:All services are ordered, provisioned and managed through SimplerCloud’s customer interface
- Local Support: One Stop Shop shared hosting service from product queries, to payment of one bill
- Easy to manage: Services are automatically billed monthly
$49/mth – 150 GB
Add 100 GB Space – $25/mth
Add additional servelet – $10/mth